Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Am I Insane?

Okay, tell me if I'm nuts but there was an expensive insert from a car manufacturer in a bi-weekly mag I receive. They seemed to be trying to convince me that there was a way for me, if I purchased one of their "green" cars, to help the environment. Of course, likely 99.9% of the planet could not afford to purchase one of these cars, including myself. Once I got past the formula blah blah blah of "efficiency" and "technology", I found they had provided a few tips which, apart from buying their product, would help us make the world a better place.
I'll share a few choice ones with you ...
- stop the delivery of your phone book to reduce waste in dumps
- don't take the ATM receipt
- share the popcorn at the movies instead of buying your own

Of course they forgot a few radical ideas which also might work, like taking public transit, or car-pooling. Why not go to the extreme and suggest walking or cycling to work.
Now, as Lucy's Mom says, oh my stars and garters, how stupid do they think we are? Call me crazy, but I have this funny feeling that they might be believing their own P.R.

No comments: